I’m Jon Baines. I’m interested in all aspects of the fast-developing field of Information Rights, but, specifically, I speak and write about Data Protection and Freedom of Information and related issues. I hold an LLM in Information Rights Law and Practice from the University of Northumbria. In my day job I am Data Protection Advisor at Mishcon de Reya LLP. You can see some of my recent written work and commentary on the firm’s Data Matters blog.
I was previously Data Protection Officer for Network Rail, and subject matter expert for its GDPR programme.
- Chair of NADPO – the National Association of Data Protection and Freedom of Information Officers.
- Special Adviser to PDP’s FOI Journal
- Member of the Examination Board for PDP Practitioner Certificate in FOI
- Member of the Examination Board for ActNow Training Data Protection Practitioner Certificate
- Honorary fellow of IRMS
- Honorary member of ASSO DPO (Italian Data Protection Officer association)